Becoming fluent fast in French will take you 2 (deux) years time, it is indeed very much possible, or at least having to reach a good intermediate level in French.
Here is a to-do-list to help you achieve courant French:
- Take an introductory course, we are not doing advertising but it can really help especially people who have no time, most people!
- Learn English! Yes, knowing your own grammar is a must when it comes to learning le français.
- Watch films en français to hear the language on a regular basis, do not forget TV shows and movies on Netflix and YouTube but also on pay per view sites.
- Read en français, the news on Google actualités, the French Google News. I know it sounds obvious but it is not actually! Most of our students are reminded to read read read, lire lire lire!
- Listen to songs in French and learn the lyrics, very efficient especially for oral language as many casual words are used.
- Go to the French Live Theatre in Vancouver (Théâtre La Seizième on W 7th Ave) and elsewhere, it is a great experience.
- Read comics in French, in the Francophonie, comics are as big as in Japan and in the US. Most French kids grow with comics around them or online comics nowadays.
- Meet and practice in our French classes, French lessons and our groups outside classes in a real life environment to become fluent fast in French but remember to take notes of new words and ask around around French expressions, check online.