1 604-638-1676 admin@littlesorbonne.com
Slide background
Come and discover
British Columbia
Slide background

We can help you to get your Canadian Student Visa

Slide background

Study French in the heart of Vancouver

Slide background
Slide background
We can
help you
to study and work
au Québec!

Dear students,

The government of Canada has recently changed the rules regarding student visas for International Students. This change has affected thousands of language schools across Canada, including our school. As a result of these changes, we are currently not able to accept students for longer than a 6-month program. We can’t help students to get a student visa any more as we are not a designated language institute. However, if you already have a student visa or if you already have a visitor’s visa, you are welcome to study at our institute.

Please contact us if you would like more information.

Please note that you must have your visitor’s visa or student visa already to be able to study at our school for 6 months.

We are very pleased to be able to welcome international students from many countries to our school to study French.

If you wish to study French in Canada, we can accept you for up to 25 weeks.

The 25-week course takes place as follows:

2 group classes of 8 weeks each plus 6 hours of private tuition.

The cost to study at our school for 25 weeks is $868 + $105 administration fee = $977.

If your visa is rejected, we will refund you the $868 minus, but not the $105 administration fee.

For more information or to speak to someone about your application to our school as a foreign student, please fill in the International Student Contact Form below.

Steps to Register:

1. Fill out and Submit Form > 2. Payment (We will send you a Paypal e-bill) > 3. Letter of Acceptance > 4. Once we receive your payment we will send you a letter of acceptance

Fill out and submit the registration form:

Once we receive your payment we will send you a letter of acceptance

If you have any questions call us at: +1 604-638-1676 or email us at: admin@littlesorbonne.com or Skype us at: nicolaslejeune (need to schedule a phone conference)

FAQ Getting a Canadian Visa

Can I apply for a study permit?
In most cases, you must obtain a study permit if you want to study in Canada.

To be eligible to study in Canada;

  • You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
    • tuition fees
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

In some cases, you do not require a study permit to go to school in Canada. If you wish to study in a short-term course or program you do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

Even if you do not need a study permit, it is a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada. If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.

How to Apply?

  • Obtain and print the application package. 
    The package includes the application guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Download and print the application package on the Canadian Government Website.
  • Determine where you will submit your application.
    You must submit your application to the visa office that is responsible for the country or region where you live. Find a list of visa offices.
  • Collect the documents you need to apply.
    Here is a list of the documents you will need to apply for a study permit. You can find information on fees and other local requirements on the website of the visa office serving your country or region.
  • Complete your application for a study permit.
    Fill in the forms carefully and completely.
  • Pay the correct processing fee.
    There is a fee to apply for a study permit. In many countries, the processing fee can be paid in the local currency. You should check the website of the Canadian visa office serving the country or region where you live for additional information on fees, including how to pay them. The processing fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
  • Check your application.
    Make sure your application is complete and that you include the necessary documents. Use the document checklist that is included in the application kit. Consult the website of the Canadian visa office serving the country or region where you live to determine if you need to fill out any additional forms or provide any additional documents.
  • Submit the application form.
    Sign and date the application form, and be sure you include the receipt for the processing fee. Submit the application form to the Canadian visa office that serves the country or region where you live. Find a list of visa offices.
  • Supply additional information or documents.
    After the visa office receives your application, it might request more information or documents.

Arriving at the Airport

The Canada Border Services Agency officer will ask to see your travel documents when you arrive in Canada. Make sure they are not packed in your luggage, and that you have them with you. This will help speed up your entry to Canada.

You should be ready to show the following documents:

  • a valid passport or travel document
  • the letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved (this letter contains your permit reference number and the CBSA officer needs this letter to issue your study permit)
  • a valid temporary resident visa (if required)
  • a copy of the letter of acceptance from the school at which you are permitted to study
  • proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada and
  • letters of reference or any other documents recommended by the visa office where you applied.

Renewing your study permit

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada. Check the expiry date on your study permit, and make sure you apply before that date. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

  • If you apply for a renewal of your study permit, and the permit expires before you receive an answer, you can continue to study in Canada under the same conditions until you receive a decision.
  • You should apply to renew your study permit if you intend to travel outside Canada and your permit will expire while you are travelling.
  • You cannot extend your study permit beyond the expiry date on your passport.
  • If your study permit has expired, and you have not applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.